"Sand Generals" are an uncommon enemy encountered in Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.
- "These unmistakable giants are the leaders of the Sand Creature army and they possess size, armor, and weaponry to back it up. Most important of all is the fact that they have the skills one would expect of a high-ranking soldier. Although they are easier to fight in a one-on-one situation, don't rush into battle against a large number of them. Not only can they block most of the Prince's attacks, but it's difficult to knock them down because their armor and incredible strength. However, they are very vulnerable to a wall rebound attack. Lure them toward a wall and bowl them over with a single wall rebound attack. Plunge the Dagger into them before they get up!"
- —Official Booklet Description
The Sand Generals were members of Sharaman's army and likely regarded as his best warriors. However, when the Prince opens the Hourglass of Time and releases the Sands of Time, they are transformed in hulking Sand Creatures that haunt the Mess Hall and onward. Their humanity is later restored when the Sands of Time are returned to the Hourglass by the Prince.
They are found much later in the game for Prince's journey to redemption. They are hard to kill and are able to block most of the Prince's attacks. They can also attack him while he is blocking, using their sword to swipe his legs, something which the Sand Blacksmiths imitate.
The upside of this move is it also topples the Sand Creatures nearby, which gives the player an opportunity to retrieve their sand using the Dagger of Time. However, if care is not taken to move out of their attack path, the Prince can get hit by their sweep attack.
- The following is a description of damage taken by the Sand Generals when fighting the Prince.
|Counterattack||Vaulting Attack||Wall Rebound Attack|
- The official strategy guide for The Sands of Time refers to the Sand Generals as "Sand Creature W/Armor and Large Sword".
- Some concept art for The Sands of Time will refer to the Sand Generals as "Sand Heroes".