Prince of Persia Classic is a 2007 remake of the 1989 Prince of Persia developed by Gameloft and Ubisoft Sofia Xbox Live Arcade. The game was released on June 13, 2007 for 800 Microsoft Points ($10 USD). A Java mobile version was made by Gameloft on the same year. It was later released on the PlayStation Network on October 23, 2008. Years later it was also ported to iOS and Android mobile phones. In 2015 the game also available on Xbox One via backward compatibility.
- "While the Sultan of Persia is away for a war, the evil Vizier seizes the throne for himself. He has also imprisoned the beautiful Princess and has given her an hour to decide her fate – marry him or die. As the courageous Prince, you have 60 minutes to complete the mission of saving the Princess from her deadly fate."
- —Official Description
- The Prince - An orphan boy living on the streets who falls in love with the Princess.
- The Dark Prince - An doppelganger of the Prince.
- The Princess - The daughter of the Sultan; the Princess is captured by Jaffar and must be saved by the Prince.
- The Sultan - The father of the Princess, he called away from Persia on important business.
- Jaffar - The Sultan's Vizier who dreams of power and wants to take the throne of Persia for himself.
- Main article: Prince of Persia (1989)#Story
The gameplay is very reminiscent of the original Prince of Persia. More moves have been added to the prince making the movement more fluid. The Prince can now run up walls for faster climbs, he can also jump off of walls to opposite side. Backflip is implemented, for faster jump in opposite direction. A roll move is included for those last minute under the door escapes, or trap evades.
Combat is also altered, as Prince can now jump into battle straight from running. During the combat Prince can block attacks like before, but now he can also dodge moves. Struggle mechanic is implemented, where the Prince and the opponent clash swords and button must be mashed to win the struggle. Combat usually ends with an execution move, where Prince stabs or kicks his opponent.
- Tower Entrance
- Wine Cellar
- Palace Reservoir
- High Tower
- Jaffar's Quarters
- Princess's Room
Prince of Persia Classic received mixed to generally favorable reviews among critics and fans. Reviews praised the updated graphics, smooth animation, classic platform gameplay, improved controls, and extra game modes. The reviews were tempered by the short gameplay and a lack of replay value. As of May 10, 2008, the Metacritic score is 82.
- Prince of Persia Classic Credits (Xbox 360)
- Post Mortem of "Prince of Persia "by UbiSoft,Pune -Part 1
- Prince of Persia Classic on Mobygames
- Prince of Persia Classic on Playstation Store
- Prince of Persia Classic on Applestore
- Prince of Persia Classic on Metacritic
- Prince of Persia Classic gameplay